Software Engineer (PHP) Job at Cytonn Investments, Kenya
Cytonn Technologies (CT) is the technology affiliate of Cytonn Investments, an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. Cytonn Investments is primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to individual high net-worth investors, global and institutional investors and Kenyans in the diaspora interested in the high-growth East-African region.
To manage our growing Technology needs, the firm is inviting applications from talented Software Engineers to join its competitive team of engineers in Cytonn Technologies.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
Software Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Developing web applications (both front end and back end), ensuring user requirements are met
- Designing database systems for web applications, ensuring efficient data storage and consistency
- Writing clean, reusable, testable and clean code
- Maintaining web applications, ensuring uptime and dependability
- Training and supervising junior developers and trainees, imparting skills and development discipline
- Working with designers to ensure that web applications developed are intuitive and user friendly
- Providing technical support to users when required
Skills for Software Engineer Job
- A grade of B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in math and languages.
- Computer Science (or related) degree with a minimum of upper second-class honors.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with PHP, especially OOP. Knowledge of a modern PHP framework is an added advantage
- Solid foundational skills of computing and algorithms, background in object oriented principles is an added advantage
- Basic foundational knowledge of web and Internet infrastructure, databases, networking and programming
- Appreciation of web interfaces and user experiences
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (GIT)
- Ability to work long hours to complete requirements
- A passion for computing and software and engaging learning experiences, as well as desire to make a difference in a highly productive environment.
- Desire to use technology to develop innovative solutions that solve real world problems
How to Apply
If you feel that you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page here and upload your application letter and current CV by end of day on the 2nd September 2016.