Job Title: Data Analyst
Travel requirement: 30%
Direct Reporting: Finance Manager
Indirect Reporting: Operations Manager, Supply Chain Manager
Company Profile & Job specification: Solar Kiosk is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries.
It is based out of Berlin (Germany) and currently has six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in three continents.
Flat hierarchies, a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making, cordial teamwork and a dynamic and innovative business environment characterize our company.
We are looking for a data analyst who has extensive skills in Graphic Design, Data Entry, Report Writing and Research to assure all scheduled reporting is accurate, validated, & delivered according to specified timeline while at the same time have accurate business knowledge and translation of data, trends analysis into clear written and verbal communication to all management levels at various degree of detail.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely daily, weekly, monthly, & quarterly reports to analyze SKKL business performance
- Prepares management reporting by collecting, analyzing and accurately summarizing data and trends
- Conducting data entry while ensuring data quality. Improve and refine data entry tools including creating dash boards for the right data. Audit data quality from the different sources to ensure on data integrity and accuracy.
- Conduct back checking by phone, email to ensure highest quality and accuracy of data
- Run preliminary data analysis and give recommendations that will assist in management decisions. Research good presentations to present to management reports that can help them better understand operations in SKKL.
- Probes for information with others regarding the business, processes and activity to gain full clarity of interdependent components that drive sales, trend and support summary of analysis
- Evaluates SKKL activity, sales, transactions, seasonality & trends to build accurate forecasts for both short and long term
- Refine data management system to track operational and financial indicators.
- Create one database to capture all data using the SKKL naming formula that at any time anyone can access the records from different times, different sources, different departments etc. Databases should capture branch contact and demographic information, marketing information like surveys, financial and kiosk information including updating Kiosk fact sheets.
- Help in transition of data from one system to another.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- University/College degree/diploma in any business related field with 2-3 years work experience in data analysis.
- Must have presentation and data analysis skills and able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili.
- Proficient with standard office software (incl. MS Word and MS Excel or equivalent).
- Driving license and/or rider’s license.
How to Apply
If your qualifications match the above profile, you can identify with our vision and you are excited about this challenging position, we look forward to receiving your application on [email protected] by 24th September 2015.
It should include a cover letter with salary expectations and earliest possible starting date and a Curriculum vitae Regret: Due to the high number of applications anticipated we may not be able to respond back to all applications however we will keep your resume in our database for future positions.