Company Archivist Jobs at Sony Sugar Company
Reporting to the Legal Services Manager
Company Archivist Job Responsibilities
- Provide a high quality records management and archiving service.
- Conduct quarterly and on demand records survey in all company offices with a view to assessing and where need be, recommend the improvement of the conditions under which the records are maintained.
- Carrying out annual and on-demand appraisals in all company offices and identifying potential archives early enough so as to make arrangements for their transfer to the central repository.
- Preparing records retention/disposal schedules and monitoring overall compliance with the same throughout the company.
- Managing the organization, location, storage, retrieval, use and disposal of records/archives in the central archival repository.
- Providing on the job training, professional advice and technical support to company staff on records creation, use, maintenance and preservation or disposal policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Company Archivist Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science/Records Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Thee (3) years’ relevant work experience in a busy and large organization in a similar position.
- Proficiency in office packages and Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Be a member relevant professional body.
- Postgraduate professional qualification in the relevant field (an added advantage).
- Must demonstrate professional competence and ability in work performance.
- Computer Proficiency.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials, details of day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names and full contacts of three (3) professional referees. Candidates MUST meet Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the office of the undersigned not later than May 16, 2017.
The Managing Director
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 107 – 40405
Sare – Awendo
SonySugar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons irrespective of Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Culture or Disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.