Fire Engine Operator Jobs at Sony Sugar Company
Reporting to Environment Health and Safety Manager
Fire Engine Operator Job Responsibilities
- Performing specialized functions in preparing and responding to fire/emergency calls in order to ensure no loss of life, property or injury.
- Responding to emergency calls, laying and connecting hose, holding nozzles and directing water streams, raising and climbing ladder, using fire extinguishers and other equipment.
- Assisting in rescue operations during emergencies.
- Operating appliances and communication equipment.
- Providing first responder actions to emergency medical and hazardous material calls.
- Maintenance of equipment in good repair in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Fire Engine Operator Job
- KCSE Grade C (Plain) or its equivalent.
- Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant qualification from a reputable Fire Training School.
- A minimum level of fireman grade 1.
- First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than 1 week from St. Johns Ambulance or any other recognized institution.
- Knowledge of firefighting techniques and methods, emergency procedures and public safety theories and methods.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials, details of day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names and full contacts of three (3) professional referees. Candidates MUST meet Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the office of the undersigned not later than May 16, 2017.
The Managing Director
South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 107 – 40405
Sare – Awendo
SonySugar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons irrespective of Gender, Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Culture or Disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.