SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become Community Development Worker for SOS CV KE Family Strengthening Program based in Eldoret.
Key Duties for the Community Development Worker Job
- Facilitate the preparation of the family development plans.
- Conduct individual & group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program.
- Implementation of economic empowerment program activities.
- Facilitate educational development of children in the target group.
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the Community Management Committee (CMC) support groups, Community Volunteers and Community Representatives.
- Establish and sustain new and existing links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors, government of Kenya departments and the community.
- Support co-workers of community-based partner organisations in their work with families.
- Support monitoring & evaluation of the programme.
Community Development Worker Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Community Development, Social Work or Sociology
- Certificate in counseling.
- Must be computer literate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in community development or social services.
- A good understanding of issues facing orphans & vulnerable children.
- In-depth knowledge of psychosocial issues in children and adolescence
- Well developed communication and counseling skills
- Good report writing skills
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application(stating current & expected pay) and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 18th January 2017 by email to: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality