SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a dynamic English & Literature Teacher who is a team player, person of high integrity, exemplary moral values, good emotional, physical health and stamina, with at least 3 years work experience, to become a Teacher in our HG Secondary School in Eldoret, Kenya.
Key Duties for the Teacher Job
- Ensure the educational development of each child, paying individual attention to each child, monitoring his/her educational progress and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Lead all activities within the assigned class and prepare lesson plans and outlines in accordance with the curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school or government.
- Act as a participating member of SOS CV KE taking particular interest in SOS children, providing them with extra support and striving to understand their educational and emotional needs and difficulties.
- Assist students through the multiple career options available and in making informed career paths and choices.
- Participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as designed in the school calendar
Teacher Job Qualifications
- Have a genuine liking for and interest in young people and demonstrated patience, tolerance and understanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues, administrators, parents and the community at large
- Significant knowledge of work and educational dynamics in the country.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education- English & Literature.
- Training in Guidance and counselling will be an added advantage.
- The position holder must be computer literate.
- Minimum of 3 Years teaching experience.
- Must be registered by the TSC
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application(stating current & expected pay) and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 18th January 2017 by email to: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality