Our Client, a new upmarket service Apartment company is looking for 2 talented Sous Chefs for its restaurants in Nairobi. The key responsibility is to maintain the food standards and ensure consistency across multiple units. The candidate will spend a good deal of the time training and supervising juniors. He/She needs to identify and nurture young talents by transferring his/her knowledge and understanding of set recipes and new food concepts.
- Managing a team.
• Understanding and preparation of set recipes as per company standards.
• Demonstrate outstanding skills in grilling and roasting of meat cuts.
• Training and supervising juniors.
• Preparation of all food in line with company standards, with a special eye for detail.
• Preparation of purchase orders.
• Oversee hygiene, sanitization and cleanliness in line with the HACCP rules and procedures.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage production from a reputable institution.
• At least 6 years’ experience in a busy 4/5 star kitchen/high end catering facility.
• Work experience working in a similar capacity.
• At least 3 years managing a team.
• Good knowledge of HACCP and HACCP Certificate.
• Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis.
• Perform refresher courses as well as appraisals.
• Good knowledge in hygiene and sanitization.