Sous Chef jobs in Hospitality industry, Kenya
Job Title: 5 Star Hotel Sous Chef
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Our client is a unique golf resort in Kenya & Africa and enjoys the goodwill of the international tourist market, as well as a diverse local individual and corporate clientele. They seek to hire 4 innovative and dynamic Sous Chefs to maintain the resort’s food standards and ensure consistency.
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the resort’s policy and vision
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients, whenever required
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen so that everything works seamlessly
- Produce high quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste
- Discover talented chefs and train them in order to reach the high standards of the resort’s standards
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Create tasting menus for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.)from their kitchen
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good condition and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma in Food and Beverage production from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years experience in a busy 5 star Kitchen or high end catering establishment in the same capacity, out of which at least 3 years managing a team.
- Good knowledge of HACCP and HACCP Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis and perform refresh courses as well as appraisals
- Good knowledge in hygiene and sanitization
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity,
- High level of discipline and cleanliness
- High end food preparation skills, an outstanding attitude and very good people
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (5 Star Hotel Sous Chef) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 6th April 2016. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.