South African Airways (SAA) is the leading carrier in Africa, serving 56 destinations, in partnership with SA Express, SA Airlink and its low cost carrier, Mango, within South Africa and across the continent, and nine intercontinental routes from its Johannesburg hub.
SAA is the winner of the ‘Best Airline in Africa’ Award in the regional category for twelve consecutive years and the winner of ‘Service Excellence Africa’ for three years.
Position: Sales Executive – Kenya
Job Summary: The Sales executive is responsible for planning, realization and the control of the field sales activities in his/her area.
The Sales executive shall monitor and analyse the performance of his/her sales area.
He/she shall provide timely reports, recommendations and feedback to South African Airways.
The Sales executive sets up a sales activity plan and will implement it and review it with Sales Manager on a quarterly basis.
He/she is in charge of setting up sales campaigns and realization of projects.
- Principal accountability relates to actively visiting and selling to customers the products and services of SAA establishing long term and sustainable relationships with customers.
- Develop and implement a sales plan for the respective portfolio; establishing a customer focus channel on a national basis;
- Establish business objectives for the portfolio; ensuring financial targets are met;
- Maximize existing customer potential and identify new business opportunities to generate incremental revenue, market penetration and development;
- Develop and implement a promotional plan for the respective portfolio; brand awareness and effective communication with customers;
- Negotiation of contracts with key customers; and identifying new business opportunities;
- To support SAA’s senior management by providing market intelligence, customer feedback and information based on the analyses of accounts relating to the responsible territory; as well as identifying reciprocal business opportunities
- To establish business objectives and plans for the portfolio in line with SAA sales strategy
- To represent SAA on all external business activities promoting SAA and brand awareness
- Compile detailed and accurate weekly, monthly reports, planners, revenue analyses, customer segmentation and calling patterns as per the agreed sales standards
- Internal and external stakeholder relationship is key to achieving sales objectives
- Professional or advance Diploma in Business administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the travel industry, with a sales focused role
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and detailed CV with an attachment of all relevant documents to [email protected]
Submission deadline is 18th March 2016.