Project Coordinator/Special Needs Education Expert Jobs at Life Ministry Kenya
Duration of Contract: 31 months (with 6 months’ probation period)
Our client Life Ministry Kenya seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator/Special Needs Education Expert for the Inclusive Education Programme based in Tana River County.
The work station for the programme is the Life Frontier School (LFS) a model school run by Life Ministry in Tana River County.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, management and delivery of the IE project as outlined in the work plan and country specific Results Framework of the IE Programme. The job holder will work in consultation with the IAS Kenya Programmes Manager (sponsoring agency) and other relevant project team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and implement project activities according to the project proposal, country specific Results Framework and work plan.
- Carry out regular monitoring of project activities, report on any irregularities/obstacles which may hamper effective implementation of the project, and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
- Promote the use of appropriate strategies for addressing the needs of the target vulnerable groups of children in the target area with special focus on inclusive education.
- Provide support to other technical officers that carry out related activities, and appropriate support and mentorship to the Community Mobilizer, members of the project team and key stakeholders.
- Plan for the training of selected teachers on general Inclusive Education and specialised areas and facilitate awareness creation for the members of community and other stakeholders in the target area.
- Give support and participate in the baseline survey.
- Document and share with the relevant stakeholders best practices, lessons learned, photos, testimonies, case study stories etc.
- Manage project funds and resources as per the established project budgets.
- Provide periodic internal and external progress and financial reports in line with established procedures and using agreed format.
- Coordinate the process of procurement of project materials.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders including representation in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Education, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least two years’ work experience with Development Project/Pogramme Management preferably in the area of Inclusive Education/Special Needs Education in an international NGO. Essential Requirements
- Basic Computer skills, MS word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, Ms Outlook, Internet and email with excellent typing skill.
- Basic knowledge of financial management (budget control, book keeping, banking transactions etc.)
- Strong English oral and writing skills; experience in writing and reviewing grant proposals and reports.
- Good skills in training teachers on Inclusive Education/Special Needs Education including Educational Assessment
- Good skills in Project Cycle Management (planning, organization, implementation, financial management,
- monitoring and reporting)
- Good pedagogical skills for children facing barriers to learning and participation including those with disabilities and other vulnerable groups
- Must have a valid Driver’s license Behavioural Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player with the ability to build positive relationships with staff and partners at all levels
- Self-disciplined, proactive, high level of integrity, honest, reliable, approachable, dependable, and ability to operate independently regardless of structures without supervision
- Good skills and knowledge in organizing and conducting meetings with stakeholders, taking minutes and producing reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and donors
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Ability to document best practices and lessons learnt from the project.
- A committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field in a hardship environment.
How to Apply
- Application letter with detailed curriculum vitae should be addressed and submitted via email to the address below so as to reach before the close of business on 16th December 2016. Kindly provide a daytime telephone contact and do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application at this point.
- Executive Selection Strategic Dimensions Limited Management and Development Consultants E-mail: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]