PEVANS is looking for an Information Security Administrator who will enforce and maintain the IT risk management program.
The Information Security Administrator / Engineer is primarily responsible for the design, implementation, management, and operations of security controls and systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization’s information assets.
The role will also enforce and document new procedures, standards and best practices as required by business activities.
Administratively, you will conduct risk assessments and will be maintaining or developing the security policies, procedures, and controls.
Technically, you be implementing, using, and managing the technical security controls and systems, recommending system hardening, and overseeing continuous vulnerability assessments.
You will administer the daily operations of the information security program to include, vendor management, risk assessments, information security reporting, and security system administration.
The position will also work collaboratively and effectively with other IT groups, as well as user groups to meet or exceed company objectives.
Info Security Admin / Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Run recurring vulnerability scans and prioritize remediation efforts
- Design and manage the company’s security program and coordinate with other departments to address issues and improvements
- Design and execute security processes and controls
- Perform risk assessment – ensure implemented risk measures are operating smoothly and identify and correct possible issues
- Accurately document security guidelines and manage testing and project schedules security processes and controls
- Evaluate and identify partners and tools to help us meet our security goals
- Educate the front-line helpdesk staff and all network users about security best practices
- Identify, recommend changes and new designs, and implement new security controls
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures approved by the CIO and associated committees to develop and refine the same
- Develop and monitor security reports as necessary, to detect unauthorized system usage/misuse and intrusion
- Support and maintain systems and computer security by monitoring related applications/ systems and tools
- Support current environment with a core infrastructure of firewalls, load balances, routers and switches
- Assist in the architect, design and testing of new security related solutions to take advantage of emerging technology or changing requirements
- Monitor all networks within organizational assignments and provide reports on a regular basis on security related activities
- Maintain detailed logs of all security control changes
- Establish a security incident response process
- Key point of contact for all security related vendors
Qualifications for the Info Security Admin / Engineer Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with a specialisation in Information/Systems Security is a must – A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A professional IT security certification and IT standards certification is an added advantage (CISSP, CCNA Security, ISO 27000, ITIL etc.)
- General understanding and knowledge of regulatory requirements, security concepts, governance and privacy
- Experience with vulnerability mitigation strategies
- Experience working with network forensic tools
- Experience with security tools – NAC, Antivirus, File Integrity Management, Intrusion Prevention, Network and Application Firewalls, Web Proxy, Logging & Monitoring and DLP
- Experience with Malware detection tools, techniques, investigation and remediation
- Experience with security event response from key security products and services (network traffic analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis, etc.)
- Able to partner with management and technical staff to resolve complex security matters and critical policy creations
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
How to Apply
Please send you application to [email protected], so as to reach us not later than 15th February, 2017. Please quote “IT Security Administrator” on the subject line.