Deputy Director, Research and Compliance Jobs at Salaries and Remuneration Commission, Kenya
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate of setting and regularly reviewing the Remuneration and benefits of all State Officers and to advise the National and County governments on the remuneration and benefits of all other Public Officers.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Deputy Director, Research and Compliance
Research Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
The officer in this position will be responsible to the Director, Research and Compliance, Policy and Planning for;
- initiating research function in the Commission;
- implementing best practice Policies, procedure and systems for research and compliance;
- facilitating the collection, examination and publication of information concerning salary and remuneration;
- organizing research workshops, seminars and external excursions organized by the Commission;
- Monitoring and evaluating framework, systems, procedures and tools for undertaking compliance.
- initiating the development of research proposals and undertaking research surveys with other collaborators;
implementing work plans; and
- Analyzing research papers and preparing reports before presentation to relevant organs of the Commission.
Requirements for Research Jobs in Kenya
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Proven relevant experience of at least thirteen (13) years, at a middle management level in a similar organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Public Administration, Public management, Economics, Sociology, Statistics, Business
- Administration or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree in any of the disciplines; Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification from a recognized university;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Leadership and integrity qualities set out in the sixth chapter of the constitution and demonstrated compliance to the Public Service Values and principle as defined in the constitution; and
- Demonstrated competencies and capability in handling remuneration or a related function.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of………..(indicate the position applied for)” and mailed OR delivered to: The Commission Secretary Salaries and Remuneration Commission Williamson House 6th Floor 4th Ngong Avenue P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 Nairobi Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. The application deadline is 3rd March, 2016.