Officer, Financial Reporting
- Job ID: 23641
- Job Sector: Banking
- Closing Date: May 20 2017
- Country: Kenya
- Region/State/Province/District: Nairobi Province
- Location: Nairobi
Group Finance: Budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- Financial accounting and reporting
– To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports.
• Management accounting, planning and budgeting
– Detail review and analysis of financial performance
– Quality commentary and MI
– Budget preparation and planning.
– Custodian of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
- Preparation of the business unit BS and PL on a daily and monthly basis.
• Monitoring business unit balance sheet movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all the relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken.
• Provide quality commentary to Head office reports and management MI and adhering to set timelines.
• Provide insightful reports on financial performance to business and enabling functions that align to bank’s strategy
• Ensure data integrity and a more robust control framework for generation and submission of reports
• Provide cost benchmark information against competitors of similar size to help manage cost more efficiently
• Optimal budgeting process and planning, monitoring and forecasting for the Bank and its related entities.
• Create more cost effective controls and reporting framework/cost management.
• Continuously improve on financial reporting processes, reports and insights offered to business
• Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Stanbic accounting policies and procedures.
• Provision of Technical Advice and Accounting support to other Functional Unit
• Assisting with end of month (EOM) and ensuring all journal entries, ledgers and sub ledgers for the Group are accurate and timely.
• Perform revenue assurance for the Bank and individual Business level.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- University Degree from a Recognized University.
• ACCA / CPA(K)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access. Working knowledge of SAP, T-24 and Branch power is added advantage.
• Good communication and presentation skills.