Executive Assistant Job at Standard Bank
To assist the CIB Executives by providing comprehensive administrative support. These include planning, organizing, directing and controlling the function of the Head’s office in accordance with laid down policies and procedures, delegated authorities and guidelines.
Executive Assistant Job Accountabilities
- Maintain and update schedule of recurrent meetings for the Head of CIB.
- Stationery Management-Manage the reorder levels for stationery, control the access and use of stationery.
- Office Organization-Manage the cleanliness and orderliness in the floor. Manage the subordinate staff assigned to first floor.
- Manage and follow up for general office repairs, meeting room repairs and maintenance.
- Manage all work related to incoming and outgoing mail and related work such as handling of mail and coordination with, mailroom, couriers, etc.
- Leave management for CIB Manco on behalf of the head
- Managing and ensuring all Ops risk, internal audit and compliance matters are being handled.
- Managing gifts and entertainment consolidated report and submit to compliance as required.
- To check the CIB monthly actual costs Vs budget to make sure all entries are correctly accounted and any changes required and duly attended to
- Assist the Head with preparation of direct costs budget for CIB
- Making decisions and appropriately delegating tasks to other team members in the head’s absence ensuring issues are handled within reasonable time.
- Be up to date on the status of key tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Head to other staff and follow to ensure tasks/assignments are performed or the Head has been briefed.
- Monitor CIB actual vs Budget costs to make sure all entries are correctly accounted for and any changes duly made.
- Managing of gifts and entertainment consolidated report and submission to compliance as required.
- EA Head of CIB, Head of CIB Kenya, Executive CIB East Africa, Head of TPS Kenya, Head of IB, Head of CC Calendar management for the Heads.
- Organize/coordinate work related to workshops, meetings, dinners and conferences. This includes finalizing and booking of venues, arranging materials required for such events, coordinating with participants, and preparation of agendas and co-ordination with vendors.
- Arranging the Head’s travel which includes visa processing, flight and hotel bookings, scheduling of meetings/visits, co-ordination with travel agencies.
- Preparation of claim forms and travel reconciliation on behalf of the Head ensuring they are submitted to payments department
- Ensure customer complaints sent to the attention of the Head are responded to within 24 hours and follow up for closure appropriately and ensure the head is well briefed.
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and delegating where appropriate
- Link between procurement and Head undertaking tasks and following up on sign offs on his behalf
- Carrying out background research when required on behalf of the Heads
- Develop an automated filing system for the Head’s office for important documentation
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- University Degree from a Recognized University.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a team coordinator/PA/admin role;
- Experience in diary management, travel arrangement, expense reconciliations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of managing a team in an administrative capacity
- Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Power point.
- Sound knowledge of banking products/services and the procedures underpinning them.
- Basic knowledge of the functions of the various departments within the Bank.
- Attendance and awareness of relevant bank training courses.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply online http://careers.standardbank.com/standimg/Careers/SearchResult.html before 17th July 2017.