Investment Advisor, Wealth Management Job at Standard Chartered Bank
- Provide specialist investment advice to clients and Relationship Managers to meet clients’ desired risk/investment performance requirements and increase the Bank’s “share of client wallet”.
- Liaise with the product specialists within the central Wealth Management Product Development team to discuss client requirements and feedback to ensure provision of best solutions.
- Provide Portfolio analysis and liaise with clients on own portfolio to feedback on portfolio performance and seek opportunity to cross-sell and deepen wallet share.
- Work with assigned RM’s / Branches to increase penetration of Investment products within segments by 10%.
- Alignment to the strategy.
Investment Advisor Job Key Roles and Responsibilities
Investment Advice Provision
- Provide advice on quality of clients’ existing portfolio based on sound asset allocation principles.
- Understand client risk appetite, investment preference and return expectations through consultation with Client Advisor and in direct client meetings.
- Trusted investment advisor of choice, e.g., acts as sounding board for competitor proposals.
- Provide timely analysis of market and product information.
- Be capable of addressing multi-asset class and different product requirements.
- Review client investment portfolios on an annual basis.
- Educate Client on new product ideas.
- Provision of relevant solutions given client needs / objectives.
- Understand specific client issues, including restrictions, to provide optimal solutions.
- Identify opportunities/solutions from the wider SCB group which benefit the client.
- Focus on suitability of investments for clients.
- Direct marketing to certain clients and co-marketing with Relationship Managers.
- Deliver solutions / proposals which lead to action by clients.
- Promote higher share of wallet from clients.
- Anti Money Laundering and Customer Due Diligence
- Ensure that the Anti Money Laundering requirements are followed as follows:-
- Take all reasonable steps to verify and identify our customers.
- Retain adequate records of identification, account opening and transactions.
- Make prompt reports of suspicious transactions using the right internal channels.
- Raise awareness of Money Laundering prevention by training all staff/attending training sessions.
- Timely and accurate dealing of client orders.
- Track and provide regular feedback on processed transactions/ solution to client.
Qualifications and Skills for Investment Advisor Job
- This aggressive / challenging sales role requires a vital mix of sales and analytical skills;
- University Graduate with a minimum 2-3 years’ sales experience in commercial/consumer financial services (preferably with Wealth management / Investment products).
- Commitment to achieve/complete CFA Level 1 qualification required.
- Strong sales and marketing Skills.
- A good understanding of the offshore investment products and the inherent risks.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Knowledge of the Market and competitive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
Click here to apply