To support Manager in identifying, measuring, setting limit and monitoring market, liquidity and applicable trading risk exposures.
* Monitor all market & liquidity risk activities on a timely basis. This includes investigation and reporting of limit excesses for approval by the Regional/Group office.
* Provide analysis of risk exposures, market commentaries, analysis of variances, etc to Regional and Group Market Risk Office as and when required.
* Support the Manager to review and analyze key exposures, limits and their utilization in view of prevailing market conditions.
* Support the Mark-to-Market (MTM) process by ensuring that the MTM sources are updated and reflective of market rates/prices.
* Support the back-testing and stress-testing processes and perform other analyses where required.
* Daily production and distribution of market & liquidity risk reports to local, regional and Group recipients.
* Develop proactive engagement with business in pursuit of balanced risk / return positions via discussions on market, liquidity and applicable trading risk limits.
* Liaise with local Business Units in particular Financial Markets to provide market & liquidity risk support and analyses.
* Support the Manager to ensure compliance with Group Compliance Policies, Accounting and Operating Procedures and Codes, including Money Laundering.
* Contribute towards development of the Group’s strategic risk management capability and risk/return assessment and benchmarks.
* Establish and maintain control framework to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, CAD1/CAD2 requirements, Codes, and applicable external laws and regulations.
* Implement sound controls and consistent processes.
* Review of Product Programs (PPG) and Country Addendum.
* Maintain appropriate relationships with Regulators and Rating agencies and liaise with internal/external auditors.
* Represent Market & Traded Credit Risk in local Asset & Liability Committee and Executive Risk Committee meetings as required and help strengthen the control environment.
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Must possess good understanding of market & liquidity risk concepts and application, ability to assess risk and approriate levels of return.
* Good knowledge of Financial Markets products, bank balance sheet management and other risk management concepts.
* Professional qualification in risk management, accounting and / or finance.
* Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement in a rapidly changing and often stressful environment.
* Good business acumen and multicultural sensitivity.
Should have knowledge of:
– market, liquidity and applicable trading risk models and methodologies
– market, liquidity and applicable trading risk regulations and guidelines
– workings of financial markets
– trading and risk management system platforms
Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here