The Standard group comprises The Standard newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of Occupational Safety and Health Officer.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The incumbents will be responsible for generating revenue for the Group through servicing existing and recruiting new clients.
Business Executive Job Responsibilities
- Selling advertising space through various media platforms; identifying clients, convincing them of the benefits of advertising through the Group, executing sales, liaising with the design department and ensuring the final product is as agreed with the client and liaising with credit control to complete reconciliation.
- Ensuring that all advertisements are booked and material sent by 5pm daily
- Delivering invoices and statements to clients and following up regarding payment terms.
- Liaising with Credit Control and clients regarding payment terms and debt collection, and maintaining collection timelines.
- Maintaining close and effective contact with clients, and carrying out necessary public relations initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handling complaints and attending to problem areas e.g. poor public response to adverts, poor quality of advertising, poor advert positioning and so on.
- Attending daily sales review meetings for updates and feedback.
- Preparing daily itineraries, weekly schedules and sales review reports and discussing them with the Business
- Manager, along with preparing monthly planning projections and presentations.
Qualifications for the Business Executive Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Marketing Society of Kenya, Chartered Institute of Management Professional Qualification or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- 2 years relevant experience
Skills And Other Attributes
- Sound Judgment or discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Knowledge of routine(s).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Group career website on www.standardmedia.co.ke to apply