Online Sub-Editor – Business Executive Jobs at The Standard Group
The Standard Group comprises of The standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for a qualiﬁed, experienced and reputable individuals to ﬁll the following position.
The incumbent will be reporting to the News and Current Affairs Editor. The sub editor will be expected to deliver in line with editorial journalistic code of ethics and house style.
Online Sub-Editor Job Responsibilities
- Selling e-business inventory; identifying clients, convincing them of the beneﬁts of e-business products and services; executing sales, liaising with other departments to serve clients to satisfaction, and liaising with Credit
- Control to complete reconciliation.
- Ensuring that all business transactions are captured on time in the appropriate ICT systems.
- Delivering invoices and statements to clients and follow-up regarding payment terms.
- Liaising with Credit Control and clients regarding payment terms and debt collection, and maintaining collection timelines.
- Maintaining close and effective contact with clients, and carrying out necessary public relations initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handling customer care compliments and complaints for e-business related products and services; Ensuring that all calls are logged, resolved to customer satisfaction and on time. Analyse incidences and report on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually against plans as required.
- Driving e-commerce trafﬁ c, social media presence using modern tools and techniques; monitor and analyse using appropriate analytic tools and report on trafﬁ c on e-commerce platforms.
- Liaison with Marketing department and designers to actualise promotions.
- Liaison with the technical team to resolve technical challenges.
- Liaison with the Commercial, Editorial and Technical teams to resolve operational issues arising for the purpose of enhancing customer experience and to achieve business targets.
Qualifications for the Online Sub-Editor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or an equivalent from a recognised institution.
- MSK, CIM or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Membership in a relevant professional body.
- An in-depth understanding of the digital space.
- Use of modern analytic tools to increase traffic and social media presence.
- Judgement and discretion required.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of routine(s).
- 2 years relevant experience.
How to Apply