Online Sub-Editor – Social Media Jobs at The Standard Group
The Standard Group Comprises of The standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services. The Group is looking for a qualiﬁed, experienced and reputable individuals to ﬁll the Following position.
The incumbent will be reporting to the News and Social Media and Citizen Journalism Editor. The sub editor will be expected to deliver in line with editorial journalistic code of ethics and house style.
Social Media Job Responsibilities
- Grow followers and fans on all social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, G+ and YouTube.
- Create social media communities.
- Populate content on social media.
- Interact with audiences on the social media platforms.
- Evaluate user feedback and respond accordingly e.g. implement new strategies/tactics in positioning content online.
- Break news and create ‘trends’ on social media.
- Moderate comments on the social media platforms and Standard digital platforms.
- Work with Corporate Affairs to protect the company image by coming up with response mechanisms from Social Media threats/attacks to the company.
- Work with other SBUs to develop a social media culture and train on social media. Work with SBUs to create capacity for live social media interaction with audience during live news, events, and broadcasts and on print publications.
- Internal brand promotion on social media (Outdoor).
- Create social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
- Generating and blasting of breaking news on mobile app.
- Generating and approving/moderating of news alerts.
- Driving and monitoring the movement of social media and citizen journalism content; Driving trafﬁc across social media and citizen journalism sites and SG brands on social media using modern tools and techniques;
- Using appropriate analytic tools to monitor and report on social media trafﬁc and staff performance.
Qualifications for the Social Media Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or mass Communication, or an equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Relevant professional qualiﬁcation from a recognised institution.
- Membership in a relevant professional body.
- Headline writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Research skills.
- An in-depth understanding of the digital space.
- Excellent English grammar and spelling.
- 1 year’s relevant experience as a sub-editor or related experience.
How to Apply