Online Sub-Editor – UReport Jobs at The Standard Group
The Standard Group comprises of The standard Newspaper, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for a qualiﬁed, experienced and reputable individuals to ﬁll the following position.
The incumbent will be reporting to the News and Current Affairs Editor. The sub editor will be expected to deliver in line with editorial journalistic code of ethics and house style.
Online Sub-Editor Job Responsibilities
- Using appropriate analytic tools to monitor and respond to story performance.
- Generating revenues and supporting the commercial team teams to achieve business targets.
- Source stories from public contributors, news sources, correspondents and entertainment players on a daily basis.
- Checking all facts for accuracy and removing any ambiguities in consultation with reporters and editors.
- Ensuring all claims are supported by evidence and that no content can trigger litigation, including any plagiarised content.
- Ensuring compliance with editorial journalistic code of ethics, and house style.
- Rewriting copy to remove all errors of grammar, ensure news clarity and appeal, and ﬁ t content to required length, without leaving out facts, distorting articles or removing any salient points.
- Creating appropriate headlines and captions for copy and pictures, ensuring they reﬂ ect the overriding message of the story in the eve woman magazine.
Qualifications for the Online Sub-Editor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or mass Communication, or an equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Relevant professional qualiﬁcation from a recognised institution.
- Membership in a relevant professional body.
- Headline writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Research skills.
- An in-depth understanding of the digital space.
- Excellent English grammar and spelling.
- 1 year’s relevant experience as a sub-editor or related experience.
How to Apply