STANLIB Kenya Limited is an investment management firm and is part of a premier banking and wealth management group in Africa.
STANLIB in East Africa manages capital assets for a diverse range of clients across several sectors in East Africa.
The Job: Chief Investment Officer
A key part of the East Africa Investment Team, to drive the investment process, maximise investment return and engage positively with all stakeholders.
• Take a leadership role in decision making on investments in all asset classes.
• Create and maintain a team of professionals to originate, analyse, finance, close and manage investments on behalf of third parties.
• Ensure execution of asset allocation, portfolio construction and tactical positioning.
• Responsible for the management of investment managers.
• Ensure that client portfolios are aligned to client mandates and the internal house view.
• Carry out in depth analysis of individual investment products, strategies and portfolios across asset classes.
• Monitoring the performance of investment portfolios and evaluating overall fund performance.
• Innovate new investment business solutions and products.
• Briefing members of various boards on the investment actions taken and the outcome of such investment decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree with an accredited institution in finance, economics or a related field with a strong track record of academic achievement, complemented by a Masters degree.
• A CFA designation will be an added advantage.
• At least 10 years’ experience in an investment related function with a proven track record of leadership, managing portfolios and generating sustainable performance.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Proven track record of successful investment.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong organisational and planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and to manage.
• Working knowledge of the asset management, unit trust, pension, insurance and alternative asset environment.
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Bloomberg or Reuters is desirable.
• Detail oriented with proven skill in analytical decision making.
• Proven skills in time management, including managing multiple tasks.
• Strong communication skills with a high level of professionalism and ethical standards.
Job related skills:
• Strong analytical skills
• Good presentation skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Hands on and results focused
• Strong work ethic
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience should submit their applications to [email protected] by Friday 16th October 2015.
STANLIB Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer with a compelling Employee Value Proposition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.