Admin Assistant Employment At Starehe Girls Centre, Kenya
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts:
SGC/02/2016: Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Secretary/Administrative Assistant.
Qualifications For Admin Assistant Job
- Applicants must should be holders of at least KCSE mean Grade C + or equivalent qualification, aged 30 and above with minimum working experience of 5 years in a senior position in a recognized Institution.
- Relevant training or qualification: minimum Diploma in Secretarial from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing and database management and required typing speed.
- Language Requirements: Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili is desirable
Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Serve as Director’s Secretary,
- Prepare and manage correspondence, handle incoming mail and other material,
- Maintain office systems, schedules, calendars and arrange and confirm appointments
- Organize internal and external events as requested,
- Set up and maintain filing systems and work procedures and databases,
- Respond to face to face and telephone enquiries, answering phone and passing on messages
- Liaise with internal and external contacts in a professional manner,
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally,
- Operate office equipment and manage the office space,
- Handle supervisory duties as assigned.
- Receiving visitors and warmly welcoming them
- Typing letters, reports and other documents
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and emails
- Producing statistical returns and reports as may be required
- Team player, interpersonal skills, initiative, reliability and stress tolerance,
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills,
- Attention to detail, planning & organizing and time management,
- Confidential and trustworthy,
- visitors-service orientation and acceptability to take varied assignments,
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful feedback and advice to others,
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude,
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Quality, skills & knowledge
School Secretary/Administrative Assistant you should have:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- A confident telephone manner
- An organized and methodical approach to work with a good eye for detail
- Good administrative skills and respect confidentiality
- Computer skills including use of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- The ability to work under pressure and priorities tasks
- The ability to work well with students, teachers and parents/guardians
- Respect for confidential information
- A patient and flexible attitude
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- be well organized, with an orderly mind;
- deal promptly with correspondence;
- Be organized and Keep copies of all correspondence.
- Prepare for meetings well in advance
- Keep people informed.
How to Apply
- If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV, three referees with cover letter quoting the Job Title on the email subject to: [email protected] on or before Tuesday 14th June, 2016. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.