StarTimes Media (Kenya) Co. Ltd
Job Title: Regional Channel Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Objective of the position:
To drive sales through distribution channels by identifying, developing and supporting partners; monitoring results; increasing sales; maximizing revenues.
To also ensure smooth and efficient operations of the Sales & Marketing Department through coordination and cooperation within department and between departments to ensure achievement of the expected sales targets and safety of company’s property according to Company’s policies and procedures.
Will develop a strong understanding of key differentiators, internal / external systems, sales methodologies and processes.
Should be an innovator who will help our global company discover new ways to improve our service and drive new business initiatives to increase partner success and productivity.
Should have a proven track record of success, good problem solving skills, high energy and motivation, and the can-do attitude to make a difference in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, recruit and bring on-board new channel partners within assigned territory
- Conduct regular business review and planning meetings with top and emerging Dealers in assigned region
- Develop and maintain the market agents
- Implement the channel sale policy, and formulate promotion plan
- Enlarge channel sales market and achieve expected sales targets
- Address partner related issues, sales conflicts and pricing issues in a timely manner
- Serve as internal channel advocate to ensure partner and customer satisfaction
- Analyze market trends and accordingly develop sales plans to increase brand awareness.
- Develop positive working relationship with partners to build business
- Communicate up-to-date information about new products and enhancements to partners
- Analyze the information of dealers and market, and forecast the market trends
- Statistical analysis of agent delivery volume data, sales volume data (weekly, monthly), performance evaluation of agents, recycling receipts and original documents
- Deliver customer presentations and attend sales meetings and partner conferences
- Participation in industry events such as trade shows and seminars
- Assist in partner marketing activities such as tradeshows, campaigns and other promotional activities
- To assist the Sales Director with any issues related to the Marketing Department.
Qualifications / Skills / Competencies
- University Degree in a related discipline is required
- Should have a minimum experience of 5 years and above of preferably in Digital Channel
- Should have a proven track record and experience in leading a sales team
- Have great network in the industry and able to seek and forge partnerships for the company
- Working knowledge of all the television data
- A good understanding of a multi-channel environment
- A good understanding the digital migration concept
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and all relevant marketing software
- Creative and innovative and always ready to try new ideas
- Great ambition to earn more money on an attractive commission structure.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and last a copy of the most recent last pay slip to [email protected] Kindly include names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.