Statistical Analyst Job in Kenya
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world.
Statistical Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Developing and executing predictive models and advanced analytics.
- Machine learning, predictive analytics, data mining, advanced analytics, statistics, workload prioritization, operations research, risk analysis, streaming analytics, anomaly detection, exploratory data analysis, ETL, event log processing, mathematical modeling, graph/network analysis, data visualization, data access, storage and retrieval
- Independently researching statistical techniques and their application to the business
- Monitoring existing predictive models for ongoing efficiency and stability; performing refreshes as necessary.
- Communicating findings and recommendations via written and oral presentations; conveying a clear understanding of business implications.
- Effectively handling data through quality checks and appropriate transformations; expertly and efficiently handling large datasets.
- Documenting activities in an organized manner to facilitate knowledge retention.
- Attending occasional late-night and early-morning calls with colleagues around the world
- Performing other related work as required or requested.
Qualifications for the Statistical Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s Degree within a Quantitative Field
- Strong analytical skills to effectively apply statistical methodologies in addressing business challenges
- Predictive modelling and analytics background, either through direct experience, or a relevant degree
- Skilled user of R or Python
- Skilled user of SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn quickly, initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Looker, Tableau, or Periscope (an added advantage)
Don’t Keep Share!:
How to Apply