Job Title: Statistician (2 Employment Opportunities)
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 46/70/02 
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U4
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of identifying and compiling the variables to be included in sector surveys and censuses;
- Compiling existing agricultural statistical information and reporting systems and provide advice as appropriate;
- Compiling and prepare standardized statistical information reporting processes and requirements;
- Responsible for developing procedure and guidelines to assist data compilers to gather, process, validate and provide adequate data and metadata, compiling, collate and tabulate figures on agriculture from autonomous bodies, local governments and relevant sources;
- In charge of participating in the design and implementation of agricultural surveys and census;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Statistician Employment Opportunities should be Ugandans in possession of Honours Bachelor of Science Degrees in Statistics, Business Statistics or Economics and Mathematics from recognized University/Institution.
- Age: Above 21 years
- High Degree of Ethics and Integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication and computer Skills
- Proven ability to adapt to multi-cultural setting
- High degree of innovation concern for quality, standards technical
- Proven ability to coach subordinates and report writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Good negotiation skills
- Good team building, innovation and concern for quality and standards.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala, Uganda. The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the PSC website, download here. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 1/2016” should be indicated in capital letters on the top of each first page of the Public Service Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews and their names will be shown on the PSC website and on the PSC noticeboard.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice on the application.
NB: Serving officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for this entry level position.
Deadline: 15th April, 2016