Duty Station / Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager focuses on surveillance and information management, monitoring programmatic IRS delivery, and evaluating associated epidemiological, entomological and environmental impact in targeted communities.
Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Job Responsibilities
- Lead the needs assessments and baseline surveys/data collection process prior to IRS campaigns.
- Lead establishment of routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
- Improve programmatic monitoring efforts through managing the data collection of routine spray activities from county-based spray teams and reporting the data for internal and client use.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
- Ensure appropriate skills are maintained with the national and county IRS staff through focused trainings for continued maintenance of the established M&E tracking systems.
- Track and report data on all project indicators to the Abt Home Office, PMI/Kenya and PMI/Washington. This includes regular updating of the project’s official Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Provide overall technical guidance and supervision of the M&E team.
- Prepare performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as annual reports and other project documents.
- Conduct periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepare the project for possible external Data Quality Audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- The position requires frequent travel to IRS implementing counties and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Qualificatios for the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Job
- Masters Degree in a relevant social science field such as MPH, Environmental health, Community Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics.
- At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in program monitoring and evaluation and in research, with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in MS Access, GIS applications; and GPS measurement data collection desirable.
- Experience with mobile phone programming for data collection and reporting.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID program monitoring and evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- English language fluency.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to [email protected] with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.