Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs 20.5B, a loan book of Kshs 17B, and membership of 60,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) and other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for qualified and competent professionals to fill the following vacancy:
Chief Manager Finance
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Manager Finance will be responsible for strategic financial planning and management, financial advisory, resource mobilization and reporting.
The successful candidate will provide effective and efficient co-ordination and supervision of accounting, financial and treasury management through the development and implementation of sound accounting and financial systems and internal control procedures in accordance with regulations, standards and Sacco policies and procedures.
Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall management and co-ordination of the finance division by leading, directing, planning and controlling of all aspects of reporting, budgeting, final accounts and liaison with internal and statutory auditors.
- In liaison with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), formulate corporate financial strategies, monitor and oversee their successful implementation and ensure compliance with approved policies and prudential regulatory standards.
- Create and maintain strong financial discipline, provide periodic financial information and reports on the Sacco’s performance to the Board of Directors and the senior management team.
- Maintain strong internal policies, processes and controls in order to provide timely, consistent and accurate financial, treasury and management information for effective decision making.
- Maintain good working relationships with various stakeholders towards attainment of the Sacco’s corporate plans and investment programs.
- Evaluate and measure finance & business performance against the Sacco’s strategic plan, make recommendations and presentations to enhance organizational performance to meet shareholders’ expectations.
- Attend the Board Finance, Investments and Credit (FIC) Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- KCSE Grade B or its equivalent
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent and a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or other related field.
- A professional accounting qualification CPA (K), ACCA, ACA and a member in good standing of ICPAK for the last 5 years.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in financial management, 5 of which must be in a senior management level as a Finance Manager or its equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of financial institution, IFRS standards, and SASRA guidelines.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of taking final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and coordination.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and collaborate with other colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Maturity in negotiations with lenders, financial restructuring agencies will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees across functions, cultures, and geographies.
- Aptitude for understanding product functions and how they can solve customers’ problems.
- Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customers make buying decisions.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to [email protected] on or before 5pm on 3rd June 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted