Stima Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs18.6bn, a loan book of Kshs 15 bn, a deposit base of Kshs15.5bn and a membership of 46,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, education, diaspora, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) sectors amongst others.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded wide-distribution channels across the country.
We seek to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position:Head of Enterprise Risk Management
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Board Audit & Risk Committee and the Chief Executive Officer and working with various heads of functions, the job holder will determine the strategic and operational risk appetite across the Sacco, establish frameworks and policies for monitoring and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
He/she will ensure effectiveness and adequacy of internal control systems, risk management and governance policies, procedures and processes and the Sacco’s compliance with statutory requirements and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and ensure execution of integrated risk management strategy, frameworks and policies and monitor the Sacco’s compliance with these.
- Periodically determine and quantify the strategic and operational risks appetite of the Sacco in conjunction with various heads of functions.
- Lead risk assessment activities by identifying, analyzing, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Establish an efficient and effective control environment to monitor risk, oversee and enforce risk management policies to close gaps in risk capabilities.
- Ensure prompt reporting of risk exposures and provide advice on their resolution, in line with best practices.
- Ensure that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Oversee the classification of risk categories covering strategy, operations, finance and reputation.
- Serve as the custodian of the Sacco-wide risk register and ensure regular reporting, tracking and mitigation of the risks.
- Attend Board Audit Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary
- Advise on risk issues and prepare reports for the Board and Management to assist in decision making.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- A University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance or Economics and a Master’s degree in Business, Enterprise Risk Management, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Hold a professional qualification- ACCA, CPA (K) or CISA and be a registered member of ICPAK;
- Certified risk and compliance accreditation shall be an added advantage;
- A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in risk management practices and process implementation, three (3) of which should be in a management position.
- Thorough knowledge of ERM concepts, financial systems and process audit
- Have the proven ability to challenge status quo based on facts and impacts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and mandatory application letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line.
The file name of CV and application letter must be the applicant’s name and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 21st August 2015.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted