Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs 20.5B, a loan book of Kshs 17B, and membership of 60,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) and other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent professional to fill the following vacancy:
Chief Manager, HR & Administration
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the job holder will have a proven track record of providing leadership in strategic human resources management and administration in a financial institution and will be responsible for delivering the Society human resource and administrative strategies.
A key part of this role will be to provide leadership in change management, organisational development initiatives, ensuring staff motivation by creating a conducive working environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and provide thought leadership in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies, and procedures to achieve Stima Sacco strategic objectives.
- Develop Society human resources strategies through analysis, strategic thinking and direction and; establishment of human resources objectives in line with Society’s objectives.
- Staff management involving implementation and analysis of performance, evaluation process, staff development programmes, managing the annual training budget, assessing competency, skill gaps, coordination of learning and motivational programmes.
- Fostering the workplace environment consistent with Stima Sacco mission, vision and value; enabling motivation, productivity, loyalty and safety of employees in every area of the Society.
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of an effective performance management system.
- Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and attractive terms and conditions of employment.
- Lead and contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate change management initiatives.
- Managing employee performance, conducting human resource audit and training needs assessment and staff development programmes.
- Ensure efficient and effective administration services including maintenance of Stima Sacco property and offices.
- Attend the Board HR Committee meetings as the Committee Secretary.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- KCSE Grade B or its equivalent
- A Bachelor Degree in Commerce/Business Administration/ or related field with a specialization in Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s of Science/ MBA-Human Resource Management from a recognized university
- A Professional qualification in human resources management and a member in good standing of IHRM for the last 5 years.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in managing human resources and administration functions, five (5) of which must be in a senior management level.
- The ideal candidate should also have the experience in spearheading HRIS systems implementation.
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of inspirational leadership with the ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Proven management skills including planning, supervision, mentoring and coaching.
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and other employment regulations.
- Solid problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with an ability to handle complex situations effectively while building cordial relationships.
- Able to demonstrate good organizational, analytical and administrative skills.
- Be fluent in written and verbal English with highly effective communication and influencing skills.
- Strong strategic management and leadership skills.
- A good team player with ability to manage and work with diverse Teams
- The candidate should be of the highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to [email protected] on or before 5pm on 26th February 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.