Stima Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs 20.5B, a loan book of Kshs 17B, and membership of 60,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) and other sectors.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow the business through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded distribution channels.
In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent professional to fill the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development and working closely with the Branch Managers, the job holder will have skills in negotiation, motivation for sales, planning and building relationships.
The job holder will be a person with an interest in a member based Society, with a strategic outlook and exemplary execution skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing sales strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Target markets segments with high profitability attractiveness to grow members.
- Enhance current Sacco’s capabilities to retain existing customers and acquire more customers from existing customer segments.
- Implement customer lifetime value model and link these to pricing and sales strategy.
- Develop and call on a qualified list of prospects and referral sources with calling activity goals.
- Identify and enter into working relations with ecosystems’ partners to offer a complete suite of financial solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate, advance and close new business opportunities.
- Pro-actively develop, cross-sell, present savings & financing ideas to clients and prospects with the goal of helping members achieve their short and long-term strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for increasing annual net operating income of existing portfolio, as well as contributing toward the Sacco’s new business goals.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and segments; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- Create innovative ideas for thought leadership and relationship-building events, strengthen Sacco brand awareness through active external organization and event involvement
Key Qualifications and Skills
- KCSE Grade B- or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or other related fields from a recognized university.
- A Sales certification will be an added is an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in a Business related field is an added advantage.
- 5 years of direct client and/ or financial services experience in Sales or Relationship Management, three (3) of which should be at a supervisory level, preferably in a financial institution.
- Contribute to maintenance of strong organization culture, values and reputation of the clients with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulators.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel through effective performance management, team leadership, coaching and mentorship.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Society savings and credit products available to customers.
- Must be a sales focused individual with strong financial acumen and well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communicator with outgoing approach to proactively create client interactions.
- Good interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrate management, analytical, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communications and listening skills, and demonstrated skills in client profiling.
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgement.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to [email protected] on or before 5pm on by 26th February 2016 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.