Stima Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs18.6bn, a loan book of Kshs 15 bn, a deposit base of Kshs15.5bn and a membership of 46,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, education, diaspora, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) sectors amongst others.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded wide-distribution channels across the country.
We seek to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position:
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Marketing Manager to propel the Society brands to new heights.
The role of the job holder will require someone with a breadth of skills across brand marketing, branch management and product development with great insight and intuition. In particular the job holder will be a person with an interest in a member based Society, with a strategic outlook and exemplary execution skills.
Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development and working closely with the Branch Managers, the key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and provide leadership in implementation of marketing and communication strategy to achieve the Society’s business and corporate strategies;
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the Society’s marketing vision and strategy;
- Lead the marketing function and identify, analyse and implement new business growth opportunities;
- Implement marketing, advertising and promotional tasks and carry out effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities in the Society;
- Support creation of data-driven, dynamic, ‘voice-of-the-customer’ marketing strategies and tests that deliver against Return on Investment (ROI) targets through a segmented customer base across diverse marketing channels;
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across TV, print, radio, outdoor, digital and social media marketing channels;
- Provide feedback into product development and service offers; participate in their development and collaboration to create, launch and track performance of product and service offerings in our markets;
- Prepare annual marketing plans and forecasts for the Society;
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness by allocating, managing and monitoring advertisement and promotion budgets periodically;
- Direct and analyse regular market research in order to develop insights for product development, brand positioning and brand equity growth;
- Carry out market intelligence and surveys, accelerate growth in membership and product uptake;
- Execute and integrate online and offline marketing initiatives including mass media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, branch awareness and other marketing initiatives.
- Contribute to maintenance of a strong organisation culture, values and reputation to the clients, staff, suppliers, partners and regulators;
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel through effective performance management, team leadership, coaching and mentorship.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Society Savings and Credit products available to customers;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other related fields from a recognised university;
- Chartered Institute of Marketing professional qualification;
- A Master’s degree in a Business related field is an added advantage;
- Six (6) years of relevant experience, three (3) of which should be at a supervisory level, preferably in a financial institution;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence;
- Strong execution skills with proven experience in multi-project execution and management;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse cross functional teams;
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgement;
- A start-up personality, entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible and resilient;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environments; ability to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning and draw valid conclusions;
- Practical experience in the application of digital marketing and social media as part of the integrated marketing campaigns;
- Experience in effectively managing budgets, financial reporting and setting up effective metrics and business processes;
- Tenacity and resolve to work in a fast paced job;
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and mandatory application letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line.
The file name of CV and application letter must be the applicant’s name and sent to: [email protected]
Applications close on 21st August 2015.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted