Stima Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco) with an asset base of Kshs18.6bn, a loan book of Kshs 15 bn, a deposit base of Kshs15.5bn and a membership of 46,000 derived from the energy, utilities, services, education, diaspora, small and micro enterprises (SMEs) sectors amongst others.
Its key priority in the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan is to transform its business model and grow through innovative products, unparalleled customer service, aggressive resource mobilization and expanded wide-distribution channels across the country.
We seek to recruit a qualified person to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Chief Manager Business Development, the Research Manager will be responsible for selecting the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques in order to oversee business planning, client service, project management and offer leadership to the team in order to achieve business strategies and objectives.
The job holder will facilitate completion of research assignments as well as collate and analyse market research/industry data in order to provide insights and business intelligence needed to extract data for business development.
- Closely work with both in-house teams and research agencies in designing qualitative and quantitative research plans for all products in all stages of the product life cycle;
- Design research questionnaires, and moderator guides and oversee the fieldwork initiatives;
- Manage all aspects of qualitative and quantitative consumer research for products including research regarding to product awareness, positioning, benefits, marketing communications and product patronage;
- Facilitate and benchmark research findings in the financial services, banking and Sacco industry and other sectors so as to develop robust future growth plans;
- Provide information on various customer segments and identify opportunities for growth and tracking the society’s market share in these segments against regional and global market trends;
- Analyse data and report writing for internal staff research requirements, carry out research on issues raised by the departmental/functional heads;
- Ensure that the industry research knowledge is integrated from projects, desk-top research and other sources in order to obtain a consolidated competitive offering;
- Undertake varied ad hoc secondary research based on business needs;
- Carry out intelligence research to inform the business on current activities in the market;
- Interpret data, write reports, summarise key findings and make actionable recommendations;
- Carry out inward facing research in data mining and analysing existing MIS data in order to get trends that shall be utilised for business development.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce, Economics or any other related fields;
- Post graduate Diploma in Marketing will be highly recommended;
- A Master’s Degree in Business related will be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Marketing, Brand Management, Advertising or Market Research in a reputable organisation;
- Good working knowledge of analytical and statistical tools to analyse and interpret data such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and/or SPSS/SAS software;
- Experience in identifying and managing research vendors;
- Sound knowledge of interpreting and analysing financial and non-financial information;
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong organisational and analytical skills;
- Attention to details with ability to summarise detailed reports without losing the bigger picture;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Honesty, integrity, reliability, consumer empathy, curiosity, problem solving ability, ability to think on feet, proactive, confidence, high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work independently on projects in a fast paced environment;
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable nature.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit a detailed CV and mandatory application letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line.
The file name of CV and application letter must be the applicant’s name and sent to: [email protected]
Applications close on 21st August 2015.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted