Category: Stock Accountant
Work Type: Full Time
Salary: 65,000ksh- 75,000ksh
Description: The Stock Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in the system.
Details: Age: 29 – 35 Years
Reporting: Reporting to the finance manager
Reporting Date: immediately is preferred, at most within a month
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting/Finance or related field is added advantages.
- CPA K
- Experience (Years)
- Minimum 3 years.
- Work Experience (Specifications)
- At least three years accounting experience in retail Environment will be added advantage.
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management is mandatory.
- The Stock Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in the system, with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner.
- He/she will ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to in order to safe guard Company stocks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Stock Accountant is the custodian of stock records/balances, responsible for physical verification, regular reconciliations and general monitoring of stock activity;
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts;
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against the RMS for all categories of inventory and highlight variances to the management;
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory, weekly and monthly for replenishment;
- Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers;
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms, and raise non-conformity reports where applicable;
- Ensure that goods dispatched to the branches are matched with the actual invoices issued to the branches;
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence;
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock;
- Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items; both dispatches & supplies’ receipts;
- Ensure stock ledger entries are properly coded and classified;
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the records (RMS) to capture any anomalies;
- Assist the finance manager in ad-hoc relevant projects.
- Computer literate.
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and Person of high integrity and with self-discipline
How to Apply
If you qualify for the above post kindly send applications to [email protected] before 9th September 2015