Position: Stock Accountant
Salary: 65,000 – 70,000/=
The Stock Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in the system.
The Stock Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient management of stocks in the system, with correct stock entries which are updated in a timely manner.
He/she will ensure that stock control procedures are in place and adhered to in order to safe guard Company stocks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Stock Accountant is the custodian of stock records / balances, responsible for physical verification, regular reconciliations and general monitoring of stock activity;
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures;
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts;
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against the RMS for all categories of inventory and highlight variances to the management;
- Report shortfalls and surplus inventory, weekly and monthly for replenishment;
- Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers;
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms, and raise non-conformity reports where applicable;
- Ensure that goods dispatched to the branches are matched with the actual invoices issued to the branches;
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence;
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly;
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock;
- Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items; both dispatches & supplies’ receipts;
- Ensure stock ledger entries are properly coded and classified;
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the records (RMS) to capture any anomalies;
- Assist the finance manager in ad-hoc relevant projects.
- Computer literate.
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and Person of high integrity and with self-discipline
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business / Accounting / Finance or related field is added advantages.
- CPA K
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- At least three years accounting experience in retail Environment will be added advantage.
- Specific experience in stock accounting and management is mandatory.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above, send your CV with the subject Stock Accountant to [email protected] before 7th September 2015