Q Sourcing Rwanda Limited a Human Resource and Outsourcing company is looking to hire a Stock Controller that will be attached to its client a leading FMCG company in East Africa.
Job Title: Stock Controller
Level: Entry level
Reports To: Commercial Finance Manager
Context/Scope: The company is a leading FMCG Company in Eastern Africa.
Leadership Responsibilities: The role occupant needs to work with the Sales, Finance & Supply teams, build and maintain good relationships with the various stakeholders to resolve stock related issues in the market.
The role occupant is expected to contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm and support to the continuous improvement of the “Supply Chain and Route to Consumer” process.
Purpose of Role: Ensure that stocks in Rwanda are well accounted for at any point in time, maintain a tracker for the sell-out of our brands within the Rwanda market and ensure that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to.
1. Ensure timely and accurate stock takes at the distributors warehouses are taken at least on a weekly basis.
2. Tracking trucks in transit to Rwanda and regularly updating the supply team so as to ensure visibility of stocks
3. Prepare a Distributors and Stockists sales tracker on a daily basis.
4. Prepare and update the Sales Representatives performance tracker on a daily basis.
5. Raise Goods Receipts Notes when supplies reach the distributors warehouses.
6. Oversee and sign off the non-conforming products when received at the distributors warehouses.
7. Prepare and give Distributors their Statements and a Demand note on a weekly basis.
8. Ensure all the relevant internal controls are operated and adhered to in their area of work.
9. To ensure that distributor queries are dealt with promptly and courteously.
10. Reconciliations of distributor accounts as well as general ledger accounts assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Ø Qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA) at least part 1
• Ø 1-2 years experience in a computerised accounting department of a large, reputable commercial organisation.
• Ø Microsoft excel and word skills.
• Ø Customer care and Team playing skills.
• Ø Conversant with ERP systems – SAP & SAGE (Order to Customer – OTC) applications.