Our client is an established construction company with over 30 years experience in high level civil and structural projects. They seek to hire a Store Keeper to manage inventory and co-ordinate with the head office with respect to requirements on site. They are responsible for ensuring works are not halted on site due to lack of material and ensuring material is not overused on site.
Responsibilities for the Store Keeper Job
- Responsible for all stock activities including, receiving deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting transactions and maintaining records.
- Controlling all the storage activities with an accurate monitoring (material in/out) system.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase order and packing lists.
- Generate reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received on a daily basis.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, shipping date, etc.
- In charge of the protection and security of the goods up until consumed.
- Monitoring the quantities available on stock with a clear picture of the material delivered (to whom and when).
- Coordinate with subcontractors in order to deliver them the material approved in each Request for Material (which have been approved by the CEO/ Purchasing manager) and prepare the check out voucher following the request.
- Inform immediately when material requested is no more available.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Ensures cleanliness of work areas.
Store Keeper Job Qualifications
- A Diploma in Store keeping or procurement
- More than 2 years of relevant experience as a store keeper.
- Must have experience in the construction industry
- Problem solver with a realistic can do attitude.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Store Keeper – Construction) to [email protected] on or before Tuesday 1st August 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.