Strathmore Research and Consultancy Centre (SRCC) is a private company owned by Strathmore University.
The centre exists for the purpose of aiding the University achieve its research and consultancy objectives.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified professionals for the job opportunity below.
Job Title: Managing Director, Strathmore Research and Consultancy Centre (SRCC)
Reporting to: SRCC Board of Directors Strathmore University Management Board.
The Managing Director will work with SRCC Board and SU Management Board in formulation and implementation of the strategy.
In addition they will provide leadership in day to day operations in SRCC.
- Prepare a strategy for SRCC aligned to the University’s key strategic objectives of enhancing student experience, research and enterprise and service to society.
- Prepare an annual budget and three years financial projections based on the strategy
- Prepare a board charter and relevant operational policies to guide the governance of the company. This will include board committees and their terms of reference.
- Come up with appropriate policies and structures to guide and facilitate consultancy and corporate training of various schools and centers within and beyond our Kenya borders.
- Act as the Secretary of the Board of Directors and ensure quarterly board meetings are held to discuss the performance of the company.
- Report the performance of the company to the SU Management Board twice a year or more frequently as may be requested from time to time.
- Manage subsidiaries and special purpose companies that may be incorporated under SRCC to meet specific objectives of the University.
- Manage the day to day operations of the company and be the liaison person between SRCC and various schools and centers of the University.
- Reporting: The position will be reporting to SRCC Board on a quarterly basis and to the SU Management Board at least every six month
- An MBA or a business related Masters Degree.
- 10 years’ experience in Strategic Managerial position.
- Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Effective Leadership skills
- Adept learning and research skills
- Keen observation
- Creativity and innovation
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us?
We would like to hear from you.
Send a copy of your updated resume and letter of application quoting Managing Director – SRCC to [email protected] by 11th September 2015. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.