Security Director Careers At Strathmore University In Kenya
Strathmore University is keen to recruit a Security Director to head the Security & Safety Department in the University.
- Reporting to the University Secretary, the position holder will be expected to ensure all-round Security and Safety to all Strathmore University’s assets, students, staff & visitors while on campus by planning, directing, coordinating, developing and executing strategy, policies, procedures and activities relating to the University security and safety.
Security Director Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- To develop and implement a security and safety strategy for Strathmore University
- To draw up, implement and ensure compliance of the University security and safety policies and procedures
- To conduct annual University security and safety risk assessments and develop mitigating measures for the same annually
- Collation and analysis of security and safety related information in order to allow summary reporting of relevant risk information and adaptation of appropriate security controls
- To ensure early detection and reporting of actual and potential security and safety threats and to ensure awareness of emerging risks by the University’s Management Board for management of these risks.
- Management of formal and informal University security and safety networks and information sources
- Investigating and determining root causes of incidents and losses and implement adequate controls to prevent re-occurrence
- To develop and implement a comprehensive Crisis Management Plan in collaboration with other University departments for emergency response preparedness
- Liaising with government security organs and other agencies over security matters related to Strathmore University
Qualifications For Security Director Jobs In Kenya
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Security Management or Criminology.
- A Master’s degree or any professional certification in the field of security e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Security Management Professional (CSMP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), will be an added advantage.
- A proven record as a Manager (8 years), or Team leader in a security setup preferably in corporate security; proven work experience in investigations or intelligence from a recognized institution. Military or Police training with a minimum rank of a Captain or Chief Inspector from National Police Service. Thorough knowledge of law enforcement procedures, state law and corporate rules and regulations.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines under minimum supervision; ability to remain alert and to react calmly to emergency situations and to provide first-line response, emergency management, ethical conduct and highly confidential; ability to operate under strenuous or stress situations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Trained as a trainer for specific issues of safety and security; Knowledge of functions of national security organs; General knowledge of budgetary and personnel policies and ability to administer these effectively at the department level.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your updated resume bearing names and contacts of three referees and a letter of application quoting Strathrnore Security Director to [email protected] by 29th March 2016. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.