Reports to: Director, University Relations
Department: University Relations and Communications
Basic job Summary: Will be responsible for the development of strategic public relations and corporate communication strategies to enhance the University’s overall reputation as well as to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between Strathmore and its publics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the corporate communications strategy and ensure compliance to policies and procedures to support business performance.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute internal and external communications projects that support realization of the University’s strategic and operational goals.
- Develop and manage the University’s proactive and reactive media relations strategy including coordinating media relations by ensuring that the correct information is presented to and reported in media houses.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis to ensure mutual benefit.
- Oversee the development and execution of the Social media strategy to promote visibility of Strathmore University Programmes in the target markets. This will include sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Oversee the production of University corporate publications to the expected standards including Annual report, graduation booklet, research reports, strategy reports etc by coordinating the generation of content and design work.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Masters’ Degree preferably in a Communications or related.
- Undergraduate degree in either marketing or communications.
- Any certification in design packages such as adobe suite is desirable will be an added advantage
- 5 years in a busy Communications office with at least 2 years in a management position
- Professional qualification in CIPR /CIM will be an added advantage
- Experience in planning, executing and measuring effectiveness of communications programs and activities
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Good team player and team leader
- Ability to think quickly
- Good listening skills
- Good writing skills for websites
- Good social media skills
Interest in blogging, vlogging, photography etc.
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Communications Manager” on the subject line to [email protected] by 18th June 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.