Job Title: Business Development Program Manager, Executive Education.
Work Base: Strathmore Business School, Madaraka Campus
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week,
Responsible to: Head of Executive Education Programs
Relationships and Contacts:
- Dean and members of School Management Committee,
- Talent Partners across different sectors, nationally and regionally,
- Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies,
- Collaborative partners, partner business schools in Kenya and globally,
- Interdepartmental relationships with colleagues and departments across the Business School. Key stakeholders include: Quality assurance, Marketing, Finance and procurement, HR, Alumni office and Coaching teams
- Departmental relationships; open, customized and coordination teams.
To market and sell Executive Education programs in liaison with the Director and Head of Executive Education Programs while building and cultivating sustainable key relationships with potential public and commercial partners, nationally and regionally.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager Job
- Lead Generation: Carrying out sales and marketing activities, identifying and follow up on sales leads including marketing letters aimed at generating more business opportunities for growth and development.
- County and Regional expansion: Identify and attend strategic marketing activities to promote SBS brand visibility and seek new business opportunities.
- Client Relationship Management: Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, developing industry linkages so that they continue to use SBS as their knowledge partner in transforming Africa leaders. Continually devise ways to increase customer experience and deepen client/partner relationships and maintain lasting client and partner relationships.
- Networking and Brand awareness activities: Identify and attend networking activities and events that promote SBS brand visibility and enhance interactions with business leaders, in liaison with marketing department.
- Internal networking activities: Attend alumni networking events, on-going classroom sessions, cocktails, breakfast events to constantly seek opportunities for repeat business.
- Design marketing materials e.g. brochures, adverts and e-invites in liaison with Marketing department
- Client Database Management: Data-mining, database update and clean-up
- Revenue Targets: Seek to meet set revenue targets within stipulated financial and budgeting guidelines.
- Debt Management: Collect all program fees relating to programs prior to commencement or as per approved financial payment plans. A sale is only complete after collection.
- Cost Management: Managing the cost drivers and specific line items as per approved budget.
- Profitability Targets: Ensure set margin targets are attained for individual assignments.
- Annual budgets: Submit to Head of Executive Education Programs annual budgets within stipulated deadlines.
Program Management and Administration
- Program scheduling: Work out program dates in liaison with Head of Executive Education Programs and advise the Coordination team leader to facilitate booking of SBS facilities as well as allocation of coordinating program managers.
- New Programs design: Drive the design process of new programs in liaison with EE director, Academic directors and Head of Executive Education Programs.
- Faculty & Program review meetings: Attend faculty and program review meetings as scheduled by Coordination team.
- Guest speaker identification and selection in liaison with Head of Executive Education Programs and allocated Academic director / course leader.
- Attend Opening and closing sessions: Give welcome remarks. Attend class sessions within the week and identify & recommend other programs to participants.
- Attend closing session, give the SBS programs presentation.
- Internal management reports: Prepare and submit management reports on Business development activities, activity schedules and plans to Head of Open Programs as per agreed timelines.
- Client Reports: Schedule progress review meetings with clients, submit client reports on on- going and concluded projects
- Any other tasks that maybe assigned by the Head of Open Programs.
Business Development Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related course with a minimum Upper Second Class degree award.
- 3 – 4 years’ relevant working experience in sales. Managerial experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player, with a lot of initiative.
- Organizational, presentation and communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Competence in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels within the institution and with external stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Program Manager – Executive Education’ to the Human Resource Manager, Strathmore Business School, to [email protected] by end of the day (5:30 pm) Friday, 20th January 2017