REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- The Vice Chancellor
- The Management Board
- The University Secretary shall be the head of the Administration, Finance, Planning and Operations division of the University and in this role shall have oversight responsibility for coordination of administration and operations, and for performance monitoring and, organizational efficiency and effectiveness in the University.
- To assist the Vice Chancellor in the effective and efficient management and administration of the University, and in coordinating the operations of the University in support of its strategic goals.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The University Secretary shall be responsible for:
(a) Policy matters in relation to administration, finance and physical planning
(b) Monitoring revenue margins and employee productivity
(c) Overseeing efficient running and continuous improvement in University operations to support growth and institutional productivity
(d) Overseeing the promotion, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of University’s Strategy
(e) Effective coordination of administrative functions and operations in the whole University
(f) Monitoring efficiency and performance of all departments and schools
(g) Institutional analysis and reporting including business intelligence reporting
(h) Overseeing and monitoring the performance of the following departments: University Services, Finance, Human Resources, ICT Services, Procurement, Estates and Physical Planning
(i) Any other duties that may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor
2. The University Secretary shall be:
(a) An ex-officio member of the University Council
(b) The Secretary to the University’s Management Board
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- At least a Master’s degree in business administration, a PhD or its equivalent in a relevant field will be an advantage
- Minimum 10 years in a managerial position, with extensive knowledge and experience in management across functions. Experience in an institution of higher learning will be of added advantage
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Have an understanding of the Mission and Ethos of Strathmore University
- Experience in IT will be an added advantage
- An ACCA/ CPA qualification will be an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Leadership and organizing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills
- High Level of Integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to effectively co-ordinate across functions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategic planning.
- Knowledge of national laws and policies in education.
The post of University Secretary is a fixed term (5) year contract and will be eligible for renewal on the basis of satisfactory performance.
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Send a copy of your updated resume and letter of application quoting UNIVERSITY SECRETARY to [email protected] by 6th June 2016. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.