Reports to: Director, University Relations
Department: University Relations and Communications
Basic job Summary: The be responsible for the planning, organizing and promoting a range of events and conferences hosted by Strathmore University and provide counsel and direction on protocol procedures for these events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To develop and continually improve procedures, processes and protocols that ensure high quality, seamless and professional delivery of convocation and other ceremonies at Strathmore University.
- To provide general and specific protocol advise as requested, and from time to time recommending development, or revision of, institutional policies and procedures on protocol.
- To organize and take control of all aspects of the planning, organization and on the day management of specific University hosted events and conferences to ensure that the Strathmore brand is profiled correctly.
- Drive continuous improvement on delivery of excellent events, including post-event follow-up.
- Manage event-related facilities and bookings by identifying space requirements and liaising with the Administration Services Department and Schools to secure appropriate space.
- Develop and implement a system for receiving feedback on convocation and other ceremonies, to continually improve events experiences at Strathmore University.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with a bias in communication.
- A Professional Qualification in Public Relations
- At least five (2) years’ event management experience.
- Excellent event management skills.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Eye for detail
- Good in logistics and planning
- Management of service providers
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Protocol Officer” on the subject line to [email protected] by 18th June 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.