- SRCC Board of Directors
- Strathmore University Management Board
SRCC Limited is a private company limited by shares, fully owned by Strathmore University (SU) which exists for the purposes of aiding the University achieve its research and consultancy objectives as outlined in the University’s statutes.
The Managing Director (MD) will work with the SRCC Board and the SU Management Board in formulation and implementation of SRCC’s strategy. In addition, the MD will provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of SRCC.
- Lead the development of a strategy for SRCC, in partnership with the SRCC Board, that is aligned to the University’s key strategic objectives of enhancing student experience, research, enterprise and service to society.
- Lead the implementation of SRCC’s strategy and manage all its activities and day-to-day operations.
- Prepare and execute a business development plan for SRCC based on the strategy.
- Support and grow the SRCC’s consulting portfolio based on the business development plan.
- Prepare an annual budget and three years’ financial projections for SRCC.
- Support the development of a board charter and relevant operational policies to guide the governance of the company. This will include board committees and their terms of reference.
- Develop appropriate policies and structures to guide and facilitate the operations undertaken under SRCC.
- Act as the Secretary of the Board of Directors and ensure quarterly board meetings are held to discuss the performance of the company.
- Report the performance of the company to the SU Management Board twice a year or more frequently if requested.
- Oversee and support the incorporation of subsidiaries and special purpose companies under SRCC to meet specific objectives of the SRCC and University.
- To be the liaison between SRCC and various schools and centres of the University.
Reporting: The position will be reporting to SRCC Board on a quarterly basis and to the SU Management Board at least every six months.
Required qualifications and experience:
- An MBA or a business-related Master’s Degree with 3 years’ experience in a strategic managerial position, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or management with 5 years’ experience in a strategic managerial position
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Business development experience in a startup or management consultancy
- Experience of personally growing a business or business unit
- Experience working in a research or academic setting
Skills & attributes:
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Keen observation and attention to detail
- A team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively engage with people diverse backgrounds and skills
- Self-driven and motivated to creating an impact
Are you qualified for this position and are interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you!
Please send a copy of your updated resume and cover letter for the application by email (Subject: Managing Director – SRCC) to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 22nd June 2018.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.