Job Opportunities at Strathmore University
Job Title: Senior Lecturers / Lecturers in the following areas:
Engineering Science Courses
Engineering Design Courses
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Department: Strathmore University School of Engineering (SSE)
Reporting to: The Dean
Strathmore University is seeking to establish a School of Engineering whose aim will be,
“The advancement of the engineering field through nurturing of talents in order to mould innovators, inventors, problem solvers and researchers in the areas pertaining to the field of engineering”.
The School of Engineering invites applications for positions at the rank of Senior Lecturer / Lecturer whose role will be to carry out research, teaching, and administration within the department in areas pertaining to Engineering.
- To ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance informed by contemporary research in the relevant field
- To demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To undertake professional development in support of the engineering field, student welfare and curriculum development.
- To undertake administrative responsibilities as may be assigned by the dean in charge.
- Must have earned a PhD (or a master’s degree in special cases) in Engineering or a related field from a reputable University and recognized by the Academic Council of the University.
- Must have a wide range of knowledge and experience in matters relating to Engineering & Engineering developments.
- Must show high levels of competence and dedication to the aims of Engineering education.
- Some teaching experience at the University level.
- Must be registered as an engineer with the Engineering Board of Kenya.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application and a copy of their updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th August 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.