Sub Editor/ Writer Jobs at The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
Job Grade: KYEB 4
Reporting To: Associate Editor
Terms Of Service: Contract
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook.
The Board is inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for the following position
Job Role: Provide writing and editing support in the Editorial functions.
Sub Editor/ Writer Job Key responsibilities
- Going out on assignments as well as use of own initiative to gather information on existing Government programmes and related significant private-sector developmentsto compile reports for the organisation’s publications.
- Research and provide requisite background information for reports compiled.
- Submitting finished form factual, of public interest, detailed and well-researched reports in conformity with journalistic ethics, Government communication policies, editorial objectives and house style.
- Take notes on location, carry out interviews, check facts, copy documents and tape record as the case may be for assigned reports at the direction of either the Associate Editor or the Editorial Manager.
- The material so written must reflect a thorough understanding of the Government’s communication policy and the journalistic code of ethical journalism.
- Take primary responsibility for the correctness of facts and content of his/her reports.
- Closely work with photographers and designers for pictures and design issues for reports submitted
- Liaising with media practitioners and public on issues of mutual concern under the guidance of a Senior officer
Qualifications for the Sub Editor/ Writer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related field, communication studies, journalism, public relations, or any other appropriate qualifications from a recognised university / institution
- Four years of, mainly business,journalistic working experience.
- Ability to rewrite and copy edit reports will be an added advantage.
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Writing and editing skills
- Presentation skills
How to Apply
- All written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked the reference of the position being applied for and addressed to:
- The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board NHIF Building 4th Floor Email: [email protected] P.O Box 34035 00100 Nairobi
- Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016 “Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”