WYG will be tendering for a UK Department for International Development funded project in Kenya, which is anticipated later this year and will focus on Sustainable Urban Economic Development in towns across Kenya. This project will bring together support and investment in infrastructure to stimulate economic growth, with strong element on job creation, energy, green economy and climate change/sustainability.
We are seeking candidates for county level positions (Kenyan nationals only) with the following qualifications and experience:
Desired Skills and Experience
Technical competence in urban economic development and/or infrastructure
- A relevant qualification in urban development /and or economic development with an international development focus (Masters degree in subject area and / or relevant internationally recognised professional qualification).
- 10 years technical delivery experience covering one or more of the above noted disciplines.
- Experience in capacity development and institutional support at sub national level in Kenya.
- Experience in developing strategic county level urban plans, economic planning, infrastructure planning and translating these into implementation plans.
Experience of operating in complex political environments – at the sub national level in Kenya.
- Must be a Kenyan national
- Must have excellent understanding of political context in Kenya and ability to engage effectively at county level. Proven track record in this is essential.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement at county level
- Detailed knowledge of devolution process in Kenya
- Willing to be based outside of Nairobi.
Experience of donor programmes and management
- Experience of donor programmes and operating at county level.
- Experience of managing a small team of county level staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here