He/She will be required to work closely with the accounts team and the auditors to create and analyse financial reports, ensure the legal requirements in terms of compliance and tax laws are adhered to, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices, tax payments, and payroll & supplier payments.
Responsibilities for the Book-keeper Job
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Maintain historical records by keeping filing up to date.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers’ ledger & customer ledger.
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage.
- Perform partial checks of the posting process.
- Complete tax forms.
- Enter data, maintain records, reports and financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner.
- Back up transactions as a hard & soft copy.
- Ensure payments are made in a timely manner from buyers.
- Prepare cheques & invoices for Penny Winter to sign.
- Report on a weekly basis the cash-flow, the P&L and outstanding debtors & creditors.
Book-keeper Job Qualifications
- Proven bookkeeping experience of at least 5 years.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Quick Books.
- Customer service orientation and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Educational background in accounting with CPA 3 qualification.