Our Client one of the largest steel making business in the East and Central Africa region is looking to recruit an accountant. The ideal candidate must be Guajarati / Hindi speaking.
Manufacturing Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
- Responsible for all areas of financial and management reporting
- Create a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the accounts receivables and payables
- Carry out month-end reconciliations of all bank accounts and supplier accounts for the MD
- Complete and file all statutory (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF) returns before the legal deadlines
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts and liaise closely with the external auditors
Qualifications for the Manufacturing Accountant Job
- A minimum of 3 years’ corporate experiences working as a general accountant.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
- ACCA / CPA qualified.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of an ERP would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Kenyan tax legislation
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial mind set with a creative problem solving ability
Results oriented mind set.
- Ability to communicate effectively.