Our Client one of the largest steel making business in the East and Central Africa region is looking to recruit a senior accountant. The ideal candidate must be Guajarati / Hindi speaking.
Responsibilities for the Senior Accountant Job
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Payroll preparation and statutory remittance
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Prepare and process employee expense reports
- Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance spreadsheets.
- Clients account reconciliations.
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
- Must be a CPA (K) / ACCA.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, i.e. QuickBooks and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system and policy updates
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
- Ability to communicate effectively