Job Title: Supply Chain Finance Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Number: 15000GPT
Unilever is an Anglo–Dutch multinational consumer goods company co-headquartered in London, England and Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Its products include food, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products. It is the world’s third-largest consumer goods company measured by 2012 revenue, after Procter & Gamble and Nestlé. One of the oldest multinational companies, its products are available in around 190 countries. Unilever celebrated its 85th anniversary year of business in 2014.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Finance Accountant will work closely with the Supply Management and Inbound Planning Teams through offering decision support (timely, accurate reports) and financial advice (derived for cost analysis) to steer the SM and IP teams to deliver a more cost competitive supply chain. The incumbent will also ensure a sound control environment in the area of product costing, Inventory Management (Raw Materials, Packaging materials, Semi Finished Goods and Finished goods) and engineering spares through ensuring the book of accounts are accurate and complete, in line with SCOA and relevant IAS, that stocks and engineering spares exists, are correctly valued thus supporting the business in driving profitability in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Steer the monthly/quarterly product costs estimates (PCE) for EA to ensure correct stock valuation per SCOA and IAS to drive improved forecast accuracy for margins.
• Keenly review with the buying team in determining the PCE for Raw Materials, Packaging materials, Semi Finished Goods and Finished goods to be uploaded into SAP
• Regularly review with the buying teams to determine the 8 quarter materials/FG costs for use in the monthly forecast (from the completion of the NSMD to the commodity reconciliation)
• Monthly closure on Material ledger in SAP
• Partner with Supply Management and Inbound Planning teams to drive a more cost competitive structure and analysis of their costs to identify costs improvement opportunities and co-develop solutions
• Prepare quarterly commodity reconciliation with commodity impact for inclusion in GMVA
• Verification of EA SM and IP savings
• Manage the harmonization of supply chain accounting processes in area of Product costs and policies in stocks and information flow within EA
• Supervise (train, coach, set targets and appraise) the Stock accountants in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania to drive effective partnering around SM and IP teams costs, product costs and stocks
• Ensure sound controls and accurate accounting of product costs and stocks
• Drive the process for OCA and policy compliance on product costs, stocks and engineering spares accounting for Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
• Work in liaison with the Supply Management and Inbound Planning teams in relevant business cases in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should be an Accounting graduate and Chartered Accountant
• At least four years’ experience in accounting job is required from a Manufacturing outfit.
• Prior management/Financial Accounting experience in an FMCG business.
• Past exposure and experience in a multinational company will be ideal.
• Detailed working knowledge and practical experience in the application of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word tools.
• Practical knowledge/hands on experience of an ERP system- SAP.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to Apply Only by clicking on the web link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2015